The Dead-Tossed Waves (Forest of Hands and Teeth, Book 2)

The Dead-Tossed Waves (Forest of Hands and Teeth, Book 2) - Carrie Ryan Dead-tossed waves is the second book to the trilogy, the forest of hands and teeth by Carrie Ryan.  This was way better than book one. I liked the first book, but there were some aspects of the story where I just didn't love. And I think I said I didn't like the protagonist Mary, because she was immature and selfish yadda yadda, but in book two she was a really great character.  I liked her a lot. A good motherly figure, an image of a survivor and an old woman who eventually fell inlove with someone she didn't love before.  Dead-tossed waves was a good dystopian survival zombie book unlike the first one which felt more of a dystopian zombie romance more than anything else. Not that i'm complaining though because I honestly loved how these books are connected without being way too similar, and the themes for each book makes it more interesting to read since it progresses into a more complex story than the first.I liked it how it started as a perfect world for Gabry, something that her mother wanted for her, it was world that was safe and pretty happy like ours. They were taught about how to defend themselves against the Mudo or the unconsecrated from book one, but were never really prepared to face one on their own in reality. She did see some Mudo washed up on the beach and she sometimes watches her mother decapitate the Mudo but she never really gave it much thought until that night when everything changed, at first she thought it would all move forward and be for the better since Catcher, Cira's brother confessed his feelings to her at the amusement park... Things went crazy , and her the life she knew was destroyed and she doesn't know who she is, and she can never bring it back to the way it once was. It was a rollercoaster ride for her, confusing and just down right twisted.  She wasn't really "Gabrielle" , Elias knew who she really was, Catcher was infected but didn't die, Cira was being bitchy and suicidal and eventually turned, and all of that crazy goodness till the end of the book. Can't wait to get started on book 3. 4.5 stars.(This book was given to me as a review copy bu the author rest assured that all opinions are my own.)